To create the the screen title and our film name we have to create animations. In order to do this we had to to use a software called 'Adobe Flash'. Using this software will enable us to to create animations.
We have been working in our groups alongside an animation specialist who has been teaching us the basic steps to creating animations to prep us for when it comes to do the real thing.
We lave learnt 3 types of animations:
-Frame by Frame Animation
To create a motion animation: - To make a shape move from one position to another:
1. Before starting with any sort of animation we had to insert a key frame and this is done by clicking on the ruler which appears above. If we wanted it for two seconds then go to frame 24 and click insert key frame from the drop down list.
2. On the left hand side tool box we selected an oval tool oval tool. And drew an oval..
3. we then selected the 'selection tool' from the tool box and dragged it across the entire shape, ensuring the shape fits within the black outline which appears.
4. After doing so on the option tabs above we clicked on modify, and from the drop down list selected 'Convert to symbol'.
5. The convert to symbol windows appeared after this, from the three actions we click on graphic and then OK.
6. And then we moved the oval from its original position to another.
7. To allow the animation to work properly, we had to use the selection tool again and click on the previous key frame and on the properties box under the tween section select 'motion'.
Bearing in mind every time every step of the animation we had to insert a key frame. This must be done to when creating motion tweening.
To create a shape animation:
1. Firstly we had to insert a key frame
2. Using the selection tool from the tool box we created a shape
3. Similar to before the shape had to be modified into a symbol.
4. We then inserted another key frame and drew in another shape.
5. Going back to the previous key frame and on the tweening section of the property box select 'shape'.
6. As part of this process we learnt how to add effects. The same set of instructions must be followed, on the properties box are other special effects options such as re-scaling pictures, altering colour
All the group members did this separately but collectively. It was essential that we understood the steps as we have to do this as part of our advanced production.